State Association Capacity Building
- Develop a plan to increase the capacity of state associations
- Develop a plan to raise funds needed to execute the above plan and have a fundraiser engaged to assist.
- Assess current association toolboxes and develop a plan to address gaps, base don state association needs, to include a training plan for year two.
- Develop an accessible plan, with speaking points and timelines, to assist state associations in engaging federal legislators.
- Create a process for establishing one national policy objective, with mutual respect for other objectives.
- Establish a hybrid/super PAC for the profession, with a fundraising strategy explicitly developed for Medicare modernization
- Develop separate state and national level communication strategies, with benchmarks and talking points, for engaging the public in legislative initiatives
- Establish a national marketing plan to educate the public on critical issues such as the opioid crisis and fair trade.
- A process in place to help each state association build capacity and resources
- Brand communication tools are provided for ongoing proactive engagement
- Leadership training is provided to state associations
- Policy language is available and accessible
- Expert speaker's bureau is operating, with training for local and national volunteers
- Doctors of Chiropractic are recruited and supported in their pursuit of being elected to public office positions. Political fellowships and internships are in place
- Medicare reimbursement expansion has passed
- The process is in place nationally for all major groups to set one legislative agenda, with mutual respect for other plans
- A strategy is in place and actively raising capital, to engage in the political process
- Grassroots training on legislative advocacy is available to Doctors of Chiropractic
MEET THE TEAM
Dr. Don Reno
Private practitioner in Sterling Heights Michigan. Executive Director of MichiCare.
Dr. William Lauretti
Dr. Bill Lauretti spent 15 years in private practice in Maryland before joining the chiropractic faculty at Northeast College of Health Sciences in 2005.
Dr. Gene Yellen-Shiring
|Dr. Yellen-Shiring is a member of the Wisconsin Chiropractic Examining Board, Delegate to the American Chiropractic Association and past President of the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association.
Dr. Dan Spencer
Dr. Dan Spencer is the past president of the Michigan Association of Chiropractors and of ChiroCongress. He is physician staff at Hillsdale Hospital and has two private practices. He graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic.
Lobbying since 1981, representing chiropractic since 2001, former insurance regulator, former WSCA Executive Director, Lori brings a unique perspective to the Government Affairs Committee.
Executive Director of the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association for the past 8 years. He is also the chair of the strategic plan's Better Access to Chiropractic PAC
As Executive Director of the International Chiropractors Association, Ms. Clay is working to protect and promote chiropractic worldwide.
Dina Brown as the Director of Insurance and Government Affairs for the Association of New Jersey Chiropractors. With over twenty-five years of experience in solo chiropractic and multi-disciplinary practice management, she is well-versed in health insurance laws and collection/reimbursement practices.
February 27th, 2023
The Government Affairs Workgroup has 5 states who have volunteered to assist with the beta dashboard questionnaire form. ...
January 24th, 2023
The Government Affairs Workgroup and the developer are focusing on the beta version of the GA Dashboard. Workgroup members have volunteered to do a beta test on the dashboard survey questions. ...
December 20th, 2022
The Government Affairs Workgroup and the developer are continuing to build out the GA Dashboard. The survey is available for any input regarding this platform....